Entry #9. Safer Food Means A Healthier You.


What are all these growth hormones doing in our food and, why are they causing us harm? 

                          

Farmers inject hormones into young livestock due to the high demand in our society today, causing mass production of hormone-induced food. I wanted to share this comic with you to spread awareness about the unnecessary chemicals added to our food. Despite the low levels of hormones added, they can still cause drastic changes to our development. 

Many of our health problems today are due to added steroids and chemicals in vegetables and meat products. These can cause hormones in our body to mess up and throw off our natural health cycle. Even though the presence of these growth hormones is small, they still leave a disturbing presence in our minds. 

You can argue it with a socially conditioned response but, you simply can not argue with the statistics. I know there are many controversies over what is considered "organic" and what isn't, but I do believe we should know where our food comes from and what is in it.  I think it is important to educate ourselves and look deeper than what we see on store shelves. 

We deserve to know what is in our food don't you think? That's why we need to make the shift to regenerative, sustainable agriculture practices. This is a topic that can be freely shared among us and to see different points of view. However, we all have the same goal to keep our minds and bodies healthy, and this is a step towards that direction. 

So how should we educate ourselves about this and find fresh organic foods that don't break the bank? A few tips I learned myself is reading labels and looking up what the ingredients mean. I also researched the companies themselves and if they take a natural approach to their produce. This could be excessive, but I want to heal my body naturally and have better health in the future.

To nourish is to flourish. At the end of the day, the cost is the least of our worries if it means jeopardizing our health. I encourage you with this blog to look into health yourself. It is important.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #6. Growing Up.

#0

Entry#1: Changing the perspective about blogs