Entry#1: Changing the perspective about blogs
It may or may not come as a surprise to you that you and I are very similar. Blogs; why do people read them? I wonder to myself when given my first assignment. Through consistent studying and reading, I have learned many amazing things about blogs. They can apply the art of storytelling of one journey through life, they can exercise a beneficial lesson to your financial questions, and they can even show you how to be successful in life.
Like you, I question at first why blogs were even a thing or the surprise that they were still around. I have never had an interest, until now. I have learned that blogs bring you out of your comfort zone and make you face the real world. How will you address a topic? How will you accommodate your readers? What if no one likes my blog? All silly thoughts that were simply wiped away after educating myself. Blogs provide skills with communication, gaining insight about your audience, establishing yourself as a leader, and even opportunities to create the best image of yourself as you can be. I have ventured into a new world and decided to dive right into reading other blogs that have inspired me. You may enjoy them as much as I did, or you may not. With the given examples below, you can decide that for yourself.
The first blog that sparked my interest was Gary Vaynerchuk's Building Businesses. I found it fascinating how he came from nothing, a young boy who just moved to New York, built a small business of his Fathers wine company worth $3 million to $60 million in under five years. I was astounded. How could somebody do this? I questioned myself, would I ever have the opportunity? The short answer is yes. Gary explains how you can be the best version of yourself with hard work and ethics.
The first thing I noticed about his blogs was the formatting he used. The columns were nice and neat, he bolded the topics, and with a few simple clicks, you could know everything about how he built a multi-million dollar company. "Winning is not defined by me or your parents or even the market…it's defined by you. A quote stated by Gary in his blog "My Life." I pondered on that for a while, thinking, " the world is my oyster. I have to reach out and grab it." Though many of his blogs are inspirational, people may find him repulsive of how he addresses things. He is very straight to the point and speaks his mind. Some may consider that rude or improper if you are a businessman, but from the looks of it, he doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. Having many interesting blogs; there are many you can read for yourself here: Gary Vaynerchuk
In addition to that, I read another blog from Lauryn Bosstick, " The Skinny Confidential." I was hesitant at first because of the title, thinking," great, another blog all about skinny girls." However, in her blog, she noted some interesting topics that could be helpful to others. All things from skincare to taking care of your body and soul. I am not a fan of her blog in regards to many of them being how to look a certain way or how to spice up your beauty.
I think everyone is beautiful, and no one needs to change just because of what society tells you. In this blog you will find a very creative outline; she has style, charisma, color, and it's very organized. Though being more interested in financial gain and creating a life of success compared to looks and beauty. It is still very much important. If skincare and beauty are up to your alley, her blog is the right fit for you. The Skinny Confidential
Furthermore, the last blog I read was from Tim Ferris. A very successful businessman as well as an outstanding writer. He has gone on to write many inspirational books, one being " The 4-hour workweek". I found it fascinating because he changes the ball game from life being all about work; to your life being more than your work. Many have introduced him as a cross between Jack Walsh and a Buddhist monk. His blog is very organized and provides tips and tricks to involve in your work life.
How to stay positive and motivated in a life that centers on work and nothing else. Reading his blog, I thought to myself, How can a man like this be so influential? Could a woman? He does provide information even for women to use in their life to gain exponential growth. Check it out for yourself Tim Ferriss
That is just a small percent of blogs; there are so many more out there that provide more information to your liking. Like my English Professor reminded our class, "you are the author." This has inspired me to realize that I can become a great writer. I can do anything I set my mind to. I just have to start writing. The same is true for you, breathe, and let the creativity flow. Blogs have changed my perspective on life for the better, and I hope this one changes yours as well.

I love how long this blog was, you put an amazing amount of effort into it! I agree with you, blogs are a way for us to be creative with our writing!
ReplyDelete