Entry #7. How Fresh Is Your Food?
The documentary "Fresh" goes behind the scenes of agriculture farming, and today I am going to analyze their goal towards consumers.
My initial reaction to the film Fresh was shocking. Knowing where my food comes from has always been an important concern to me. What I put in my body, how my food has been prepared and making sure it is fresh are all important aspects of my diet.
The film aimed to raise viewers' consciousness about factory farms and the drawbacks of monoculture while also focusing on healthier alternatives. Restaurant workers and grocery store producers are centered on entertainment via the consumption of food. With factory farm workers, it is expensive to accommodate the amount of food supply needed, which is caused by mass production. Farm animals require constant supplies of food and water and a large enough shelter to grow and multiply. The problem with this is the amount of abuse that comes with it. The film goes behind the scenes into a more dynamic point of view of the process of our food. The process we cannot see from a store shelf. Many people hate the inconvenience of things, especially food. These people prefer to consume processed products that are toxic and harmful to the body, taking for granted the mass production of our food system. Mass production can cause food to be prepared in less than hygienic ways which can cause harmful diseases.
Fortunately, not all farmworkers are this way. Many farmers across America are working towards re-inventing our food system to make healthy alternatives for Americans. Many people advocate for sustainable agricultural practices to address the problem of our current system. For instance, the film presents farmers that practice traditional ways that attempt to imitate how nature works. These traditional practices challenge the monocultural that use the industrialized agriculture ways of farming with chemicals and pesticides.
In summary, farmers across America are working towards re-inventing our food system to make healthy alternatives for Americans. We, as consumers, decide the type of food sources to invest in. I encourage you to educate yourself and take care of your health, and I hope this post helps you see things from a more detailed point of view.
Great analysis. I loved the part where you said, "The process we cannot see from a store shelf." I don't know about you but after watching that film I have been looking more closely to what I consume. It's so crazy to think that fruits and vegetables that are supposed to be really good for you can actually be really bad.
ReplyDeleteGreat job writing out your blog. The images you used to go along with your blog fit very well! I think its crazy though how the healthier food is more expensive then the bad food. If only it went the other way wed see so many changes within peoples health and money issues.
ReplyDelete